- Journal of SD History
- "Starved and Treated Like Convicts": Images of Women in Point Loma Theosophy
- By Evelyn A. Kirkley
- A Place Called Borego: Homesteader Days in the Borrego Valley
- By Phil Brigandi
San Diego Documents
- "If Only You Could Send Me a Strong and Sound Leg,"
Letters of A. S. Ensworth to Thomas Whaley, 1862-1865
- Edited by Ronald J. Quinn
- Indians, Franciscans, and Spanish Colonization:
The Impact of the Mission System on California Indians.
- By Robert H. Jackson and Edward Castillo. Reviewed by Sue Wade.
- Politics in the Postwar American West.
- Edited by Richard Lowitt. Reviewed by Ronald J. Quinn.
- Gold Rush Desert Trails to San Diego and Los Angeles in 1849.
- By George M. Ellis, ed. Reviewed by James D. Newland.
- The Birth of Whiteness: Race and the Emergence of U.S. Cinema.
- Edited by Daniel Bernardi. Reviewed by Norman L. Rosenberg.
- Haida Art.
- By George F. MacDonald. Reviewed by Mary Beth Shoning Klauer.
- Trickster in the Land of Dreams.
- By Zeese Papanikolas. Reviewed by Alan Kilpatrick.