School Programs FAQs
- All school and youth groups must make a reservation.
- We recommend scheduling your visit at least two weeks in advance.
- We require a minimum number of adult chaperones with students (8:1 ratio).
- The minimum number of paying visitors necessary to receive the school group rate is 10.
- Chaperones above the 8:1 ratio can count towards the minimum.
- There is a non-refundable $10 reservation fee for all school programs.
- Additional chaperones and adults exceeding the 8:1 ratio pay the student price.
- Food, beverages and cell phone use are not allowed in the museums or Research Archives; non-flash photography is permitted. Bins to store lunches are available, and there is ample picnic space outdoors in Balboa Park.
- A confirmation and relevant pre-visit materials, where applicable, will be e-mailed to you prior to your scheduled visit.
- We require at least one week’s notice for any cancellations. Please let us know of any cancellations as soon as possible.
School Programs require advance reservations.
To make a reservation: Program Request
For reservation questions or more information: 619-232-6203 x 130 or email@example.com
NOTE: Reservation fees must be received within two weeks of scheduled visit to hold your date. Confirmation letters are sent upon payment receipt.
Fees: $7/student; free admission for chaperones up to 8:1 ratio
Title I schools: $4/student reduced fee; free admission for chaperones up to 8:1 ratio
Research Archives programs require advance reservation.
To make a reservation for either program: Program Request
For Research Archives reservation questions or more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-232-6203, x 130
Days Offered: Mondays-Fridays
Grade levels: Middle; High
Times: Contact us to schedule a visit; time and duration varies
Cost: Varies according to extent of research assistance. $4-$6 per student; $4-$6 per teacher/chaperone; $10 reservation fee. Additional charge for optional photocopies.
Maximum Number of Students: Approximately 15, with larger groups being split and rotating between Research Archives and gallery exhibitions.
To make a reservation for a self-guided tour at either site: Self-Guided Tour Reservation
For questions and information: 619-232-6203 x 130 or email@example.com
Fees: $4/student; free admission for chaperones up to 8:1 ratio
Title I schools: $2/student; free admission for chaperones up to 8:1 ratio
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 11:30 am -3:30 pm
Are you a Title I School?
Funds are available for qualified Title I schools to help support your field trip or outreach program. For availability, call the Education Department at 619.232-6203×130