The Education programs at the San Diego History Center (SDHC) are designed to foster knowledge and understanding of San Diego and its rich heritage. All of our K-12 programs offer an education opportunity beyond the classroom and are aligned with California State Content Standards.
SDHC offers engaging programs in our museums, in schools and in our community. To make a reservation, or for any questions, please call our School Programs Manager at (619) 232-6203, ext. 112. We look forward to welcoming you at San Diego History Center!
- Junipero Serra Museum
- San Diego History Center
- Library ($4/student, $4/teacher & chaperones - no exceptions)
Museum educators will bring the museum to your classroom with a special interactive presentation involving artifacts and documents from the museum's demonstration collection. In addition to the programs listed below, the Education Department can work with teachers to customize a museum experience that will meet the specific needs and interests of their classes.The following programs are available by reservation:
Notes About School Programs
- All school and youth groups must make a reservation.
- We recommend scheduling your visit at least two weeks in advance.
- We require an adequate number of adult chaperones with students.
- There is a non-refundable $10 reservation fee for all school programs.
- Museum admission is $6 per student for guided tours and $3 per student for self-guided tours, with free admission for teachers and chaperones on an 8:1 ratio.
- Title 1 schools receive a reduced admission of $3 per student for guided tours and $1 per student for self-guided tours with free admission for teachers and chaperones on an 8:1 ratio.
- Additional chaperones exceeding the 8:1 ratio pay the student price
- Food, drinks, photography and cell phone use are not allowed in the museums or Research Library. There is plenty of picnic space in the park.
- A confirmation and relevant pre-visit materials, where applicable, will be e-mailed to you prior to your scheduled visit.
- We require at least one week's notice for any cancellations. Please let us know of any cancellations as soon as possible.
To make a reservation, or for any questions, please call our School Programs Manager at (619) 232-6203 ext. 112. We look forward to welcoming you at San Diego History Center!