- About Us
San Diego History Center is dedicated to helping people of all ages learn about, and enjoy, the history of San Diego, and to appreciate how our past, present, and future are interrelated.
Our organization is a member of the Balboa Park Cultural Partnership, a collaboration of 26 arts, science and culture institutions in Balboa Park. By working together we produce major outcomes that no single organization could achieve alone. Benefits of our Partnership include:
- Collective cost savings of $800,000 annually;
- Improved organizational performance and creation of new resources (knowledge, innovation, and networks);
- New financial resources: since 2008 the Partnership has brought $4.2 million in new revenue to Balboa Park;
- Improved public accessibility and safety through capital improvements and ADA upgrades;
- Reduction of Balboa Park’s carbon footprint by 5.4 million kWhs and 91,000 therms annually, the equivalent of 110 homes; and
- Professional development for more than four thousand staff and volunteers to improve professional practice and visitor experience.
To learn more about the many ways our collaboration makes the Park a better place to visit, learn, and have fun, please visit the Partnership's website at www.bpcp.org.