- About Us
San Diego History Center Quarterly
Iris H.W. Engstrand and Molly McClain, Editors
Theodore Strathman and David Miller, Review Editors
Chelsea K. Vaughn
Nicole M. Holland
Mary A. van Balgooy
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History is underwritten by a major grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation, established by the late James G. Scripps. Additional support is provided by “The Journal of San Diego Fund” of the San Diego Foundation and private donors.
Front Cover: Guy Rose (1867-1925), The Leading Lady (ca. 1915), 70 x 60 in. Collector William C. Foxley recently donated this painting to the San Diego History Center. It won the medal at San Diego's Panama-California Exposition in 1916. Courtesy of the San Diego History Center.
Back Cover: Maurice Braun (1877-1941), Ranch, Riders Mounted, color pencil on paper, 18 1/2 x 14 1/2 in. Private Collection.
San Diego History Center is a museum, education center, and research library founded as the San Diego Historical Society in 1928. Its activities are supported by: the City of San Diego's Commission for Art and Culture; the County of San Diego; individuals; foundations; corporations; fundraising events; membership dues; admissions; shop sales; and rights and reproduction fees.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.