- About Us
- Front Matter
- The Gould Family of San Diego: Pioneers in Business, Recreation and Community Service
- by Iris H. W. Engstrand
- "Until Kingdom Come": The Design and Construction of La Jolla's Children's Pool
- by Jeremy Hollins
- "I See a Great Future for the City": Kate Field's Visit to San Diego in 1888
- by Gary Scharnhorst
- "The Service Knows and Will Remember": The Aircraft Crash Memorial on Japacha Ridge
- by Alexander D. Bevil
- Art in Balboa Park
- Book Reviews Colin Fisher & Theodore Strathman, Review Editors
- Back Matter
- Complete Journal Issue 3.75Mb
- Errata in print version have been corrected for this on-line version
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by generous grants from the Joseph W. Sefton Foundation; Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James G. Scripps; and Peter Janopaul, Anthony Block and their family of companies, working together to preserve San Diego’s history and architectural heritage.
Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has also been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation.
Front cover: Upper left: Hiram Gould; Lower left top row: Elizabeth Libby Gould, Jennie G. Gould, Elwyn Blaine Gould, Leslie H. Gould, Grace Gould Klauber; Middle row: Elwyn Bremer Gould; Bottom row: G. Reeve Gould, E. Gartzmann Gould, Alice Klauber Miller, Philip M. Klauber.
Back cover, top row: Gary Gould, Mary Ann Gould, Gartz Gould, Reeve Gould; Bottom row: Alice Klauber, Phil Klauber, Grace Gould, E. Blaine Gould.
The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through generous support from the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorships and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.