The Journal of San Diego History
San Diego History Center Quarterly
Winter / Spring 2012, Volume 58, Number 1 & 2
Iris H.W. Engstrand and Molly McClain, Editors
Theodore Strathman and David Miller, Review Editors
August Felando and Harold Medina
Amy Brandt, Karen Dooley, Matthew Schiff, and Iris Engstrand
Iris H.W. Engstrand
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History is underwritten by a major grant from the Quest for Truth Foundation, established by the late James G. Scripps. Additional support is provided by “The Journal of San Diego Fund” of the San Diego Foundation and private donors.
Front Cover: Tuna fishing with bamboo poles using squid lures (jigs). San Diego History Center 84:14821-7.
Back Cover: Collage of Balboa Park postcards from the Panama-California Exposition 1915-1916. San Diego History Center Collection.
San Diego History Center is a museum, education center, and research library founded as the San Diego Historical Society in 1928. Its activities are supported by: the City of San Diego’s Commission for Art and Culture; the County of San Diego; individuals; foundations; corporations; fundraising events; membership dues; admissions; shop sales; and rights and reproduction fees.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.