- Front and Back Matter
- The Bishop’s School, 1909-2009
- Molly McClain
- Irving Gill’s Vision for The Bishop’s School
- Nicole Holland, Ashley Chang, and Pieter Stougaard
- Artists in La Jolla, 1890-1950
- Jean Stern
- Village Memories: A Photo Essay on La Jolla’s Past
- Jeremy Hollins
- Book Reviews
- Complete Journal Issue 4.4Mb
Publication of The Journal of San Diego History has been partially funded by generous grants from the Joseph W. Sefton Foundation; Quest for Truth Foundation of Seattle, Washington, established by the late James G. Scripps; and an anonymous friend and supporter of the Journal.
Publication of this issue of The Journal of San Diego History has also been supported by a grant from The Journal of San Diego History Fund of the San Diego Foundation.
Front Cover: The Bishop’s School Tower designed by Carleton Monroe Winslow and placed above the chapel in 1930. Photo by Allen Wynar
Back Cover: Opening Day, 1921. Returning students perform in front of Bentham Hall, which originally featured El Miradero, a lookout tower designed by Irving Gill. It was removed in 1930. Photo courtesy of The Bishop’s School.
Cover design: Allen Wynar
The San Diego History Center is able to share the resources of four museums and its extensive collections with the community through the generous support of the following: City of San Diego Commission for Art and Culture; County of San Diego; foundation and government grants; individual and corporate memberships; corporate sponsorship and donation bequests; sales from museum stores and reproduction prints from the Booth Historical Photograph Archives; admissions; and proceeds from fund-raising events.
Articles appearing in The Journal of San Diego History are abstracted and indexed in Historical Abstracts and America: History and Life.
All material in the print and on-line versions of The Journal of San Diego History is protected by copyright, © San Diego History Center.