The Journal of San Diego History
SAN DIEGO HISTORICAL SOCIETY QUARTERLY
Fall 1984, Volume 30, Number 4
Thomas L. Scarf, Managing Editor
- The Cabrillo Rifles: San Diego’s Home Guard In World War I
- By Gerald A. Shepherd
- The Start of Professionalism: Three Early San Diego Artists
- By Bruce Kamerling
- George White Marston: The Merchant Prince of San Diego
- By Dr. Nicholas C. Polos
- Brand Book Number Seven – The San Diego Corral of the Westerners.
- Edited by Horace L. Dodd. Reviewed by Alexandra Luberski.
- A Promise Kept: The Story of the James S. Copley Library.
- By Richard Reilly. Reviewed by Raymond Starr.
- Indians of California: The Changing Image.
- By James J. Rawls. Reviewed by Richard H. Peterson.
- The Indian Frontier of the American West, 1846-1890.
- By M. Utley. Reviewed by Clifford E. Trafzer.
- Dogs of the Conquest.
- By John Grier Varner and Jeanette Johnson Varner. Reviewed by Janet R. Fireman.
- The Source: a Guidebook of American Genealogy.
- Edited by Arlene Eakle and Johni Cerny. Reviewed by Rickey Best.