The Pantages

 

Pantages Theatre scenic backcloth
Pantages lighting booth Pantages entrance and marquee

In 1924, vaudeville magnate Alexander Pantages built this theater at the corner of Fifth Avenue and B Street. B. Marcus Priteca, the official architect of Pantages' theater empire. Responsible for the design and remodeling of over 200 Pantages theaters, Priteca became nationally recognized as an expert in modern, high-quality theater design.

 

Back to San Diego Theatre homepage.