History Happy Hour: Sin Diego
Advance reservations are highly recommended, walk-ins are welcome.
Location:San Diego History Center Atrium, Balboa Park
Cost:$20 SDHC members; $25 general; $15 for Balboa Park Employees and volunteers
History Happy Hours are back!
Our popular summer program that teaches you about your region’s past in a fun and immersive setting is back again!
On June 27, don’t miss Sins of the Stingaree, where you’ll learn all you ever wanted to know about San Diego’s seedy Stingaree District while enjoying local bites and beer, wine, and cocktails and hearing local Gaslamp historian, Dr. Alex Stewart guide you through the neighborhood’s history and transformation.
The evening will also feature:
- Gaslamp Players in era-specific dress as reenactors
- San Diego Police Museum: will be in attendance dressed in their turn-of-the 20th century garb and with a real-life paddy wagon!
- Music: Progressive era music by Bach Collegium Ensemble
- Food: MIHO Experience, serving Chicken & Waffles and Truffle Parmesan fries
- Bar Service: Please & Thank you Liquor Bar featuring beer, wine, and craft cocktails!
- Raffle: The History Center will be raffling off things like a 3L bottle of Stone Vertical Epic 12/12/12, discounts to Gaslamp establishments and more!